|SAS/ACCESS Software for Relational Databases: Reference
This section lists the SAS/ACCESS
features that are supported
on each operating system and host in Version 7 and Version 8 of SAS/ACCESS
Software for Relational Databases. Consult your SAS representative to determine
which versions of your DBMS are supported. If your platform is not listed,
consult your SAS representative for details; a Custom Access Solution might
Note: Unless otherwise noted, "all features"
indicates that the interface contains the following SAS/ACCESS features:
Some interfaces and host environments also support the following
features, where noted:
- SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME statement engine (beginning in Version
7): SAS libraries can be dynamically assigned, and metadata about DBMS
tables is dynamically returned to the SAS System. DBMS tables can be listed,
read, updated, deleted, and created.
- SQL Procedure Pass-Through Facility: The interface
supports the SQL procedure statements CONNECT, EXECUTE, SELECT, and DISCONNECT.
The native DBMS SQL language is used to query the DBMS server directly. Beginning
in Version 7, many new options are available on the CONNECT statement, as
well as embedded LIBNAME statements in PROC SQL views.
- ACCESS Procedure: The user can create access and
view descriptors that are customized views of the data in a DBMS table. SAS
programs can use these descriptors to read and update the DBMS tables. This
procedure uses line mode syntax.
- DBLOAD Procedure: The user can create, load, and
append to DBMS tables. Any SAS data file can be used as the input data for
the DBLOAD procedure. This procedure uses line mode syntax.
- Interface view engine: Descriptors created with the
ACCESS procedure can be used to read and update data in a table. Only SAS
names up to 8 characters are supported.
- DATA step interface engine: Users can use DBMS data
in SAS in DATA step functions. This engine is not available to DBMS
interfaces in the SAS/ACCESS Software for Relational Databases.
- CV2ODBC Procedure: See SAS/ACCESS Software for Relational Databases: Reference (ODBC Chapter) for more
- DBF Procedure: See SAS/ACCESS Software for PC File Formats: Reference for more information.
Procedure: See SAS/ACCESS Software for PC File Formats: Reference for more information.
- QUEST Procedure: See your SYSTEM 2000 documentation
for more information.
- SAS/ACCESS to PC File Formats: See SAS/ACCESS Software for PC File Formats: Reference for more
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.