|SAS/ACCESS Software for PC File Formats: Reference
provides an interface between the SAS System and data from other software
vendors' database management systems (DBMS), including PC file formats, such
as DBF, DIF, WK1, WK3, WK4, and Excel 4 and 5. The SAS/ACCESS interface
to PC file formats consists of two procedures and an interface view engine
that perform these tasks:
- ACCESS procedure
- creates SAS/ACCESS
files that describe data in a PC file to the SAS System
- creates a SAS data file from data that are stored
in a PC file.
- interface view engine
- enables you to use descriptor files in SAS
to directly read data that are stored in PC files
- enables you to specify descriptor files in SAS
programs to update, insert, or delete data that are stored in some PC files.
- loads SAS data or other database-product data
into PC files.
- DBF and DIF procedures
- enable Windows, OS/2, and UNIX users to read
write to DBF and DIF files directly without using access and view descriptors.
OS/390 users also have read and write access through the DBF procedure.
- Import/Export Facility and the IMPORT and EXPORT
- enables you to transfer data between SAS and certain PC file formats
that are not available through the ACCESS and DBLOAD procedures.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.