Hides a widget so it is not visible and cannot be
- The _gray method is one of two mutually exclusive methods that
disable a widget so users cannot modify or select the widget. The other method
is _protect for this class. You cannot use the _gray method to gray a widget
that is already protected with the _protect method, and vice versa.
- Use the _gray method if users can select a widget under some circumstances
but not under others. For example, the Attributes windows for the provided
Widget classes use the _gray method to inform users that two
Object links and
Custom attributes, are not available for certain widgets.
- The _gray method has the same functionality as the gray function
in SCL, but the _gray method is the only way to gray a widget in a different
- The _gray method changes the appearance of some widgets.
- When a widget is grayed, the default _select method does nothing,
even if invoked directly from an SCL program.
- The _gray method for the RadioBox class has additional capabilities.
See the RadioBox class.
_gray grays a push button named update so it may not be selected by
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.