|Getting Started with the SAS System Using SAS/ASSIST Software
If you are anxious to get started and to see
how easy it is to perform tasks using SAS/ASSIST software, follow the steps below to produce a simple listing report. If you prefer a slower pace with more
explanation, skip this section and go on to the next chapter.
- Log on to your operating environment and invoke the SAS System. See
the SAS Support Consultant at your site if you need assistance logging on or invoking the SAS System.
- Invoke SAS/ASSIST software as follows: From the Program
Editor window, follow this selection path:
The SAS/ASSIST Welcome Screen or Start Menu appears. Select
Continue; the WorkPlace menu appears.
- If you have not already done so, you will need to create the sample tables. Refer to
Creating the Sample Tables for instructions on creating the sample tables.
- From the SAS/ASSIST WorkPlace menu,
follow this selection path:
The List a Table window
- Select Table. The Select table window appears with a list of available SAS data libraries and
- Select SASUSER from the list of libraries. Then select the HOUSES table from the list of
Select OK. The List a Table
List a Table Window
- From the
List a Table window, follow this selection path:
The table appears in the
Output window. Use the scroll bars to view other parts of the table.
Listing of HOUSES Table
- When you are
finished looking at the table listing, return to the List a Table window by using one of the following methods, depending on your operating
- Use the PREVWIND function key.
- Click on the SAS/ASSIST
- Follow this selection path from the List a Table window to return to the WorkPlace menu:
The WorkPlace menu reappears.
For more details on report writing, see
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.