Summary of Fit for Generalized Linear Models
For generalized linear models, the Summary of Fit table,
as illustrated by
includes the following:
- Mean of Response
- is the sample mean, , of the response variable.
- is the constant scale parameter specified in the
method dialog or a value of 1.0 for maximum-likelihood
estimation for Poisson or binomial distributions.
- SCALE (MLE)
- is the maximum-likelihood estimate of the scale parameter
for normal, gamma, and inverse Gaussian distributions.
- SCALE (Deviance)
- is the scale parameter estimated by the mean error deviance.
- SCALE (Pearson)
- is the scale parameter estimated by
the mean Pearson .
- is the error deviance.
- is the mean error deviance, the error deviance
divided by its associated degrees of freedom.
- Pearson ChiSq
- is the Pearson statistic.
- Pearson ChiSq / DF
- is the mean Pearson , the Pearson divided by its
associated degrees of freedom.
When the scale parameter is a constant specified in the
method dialog, or when the response has a Poisson or
binomial distribution, the table also contains the scaled
deviance and the scaled Pearson :
- Scaled Dev
- is the error deviance divided by the dispersion parameter.
- Scaled ChiSq
- is the Pearson divided by the dispersion parameter.
Figure 39.12: Summary of Fit and Analysis of Deviance Tables for Generalized Linear Models
Copyright © 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.