Deletes all the SAS files in a library except the ones
in the SAVE statement.
- specifies one or more SAS files that you do not want to
delete from the SAS data library.
- restricts processing to one member type (mtype).
- If one of the SAS files in SAS-file does not exist
in the procedure input library, PROC DATASETS stops processing the RUN group
containing the SAVE statement and issues an error message. To override this
behavior, specify the NOWARN option in the PROC DATASETS statement.
- When the SAVE statement deletes SAS data sets, it also deletes
any indexes associated with those data sets.
- SAS immediately deletes libraries and library members
when you submit a RUN group.
You are not asked to verify
the delete operation before it begins. Because the SAVE statement deletes
many SAS files in one operation, be sure that you understand how the MEMTYPE=
option affects which types of SAS files are saved and which types are deleted.
- When you use the SAVE statement with generation groups, the SAVE
statement treats the base name and all generations as a unit. You cannot save
a specific generation file.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.