Copies some or all of the entries in one catalog to another catalog.
||A COPY statement's effect ends at a RUN
statement or at the beginning of a statement other than the SELECT or EXCLUDE
||Use SELECT or EXCLUDE statements, but not both,
after the COPY statement to limit which entries are copied.
||You can copy entries from multiple catalogs in a
single PROC step, not just the one specified in the PROC CATALOG statement.
||The ENTRYTYPE= option does not require a forward
slash (/) in this statement.
||Copying, Deleting, and Moving Catalog Entries from Multiple Catalogs
|To do this
||Use this option
|Restrict processing to one type of entry
|Copy from a different catalog in the same step
|Move (copy and then delete) a catalog entry
|Copy entries to a new catalog (overwriting the catalog if it already
|Protect several types of SAS/AF entries from being edited with PROC
|Not copy source lines from a PROGRAM, FRAME, or SCL entry
- names the catalog to which entries are copied.
- restricts processing to one entry type for the current COPY
statement and any subsequent SELECT or
- specifies the catalog to copy.
- deletes the original catalog or entries after the new copy
||When MOVE removes all entries from
a catalog, the procedure deletes the catalog from the library.
- overwrites the destination (specified by OUT=) if it already
exists. If you omit NEW, PROC CATALOG updates the destination.
- prevents the copied version of the following SAS/AF entry
types from being edited by the BUILD procedure:
- omits copying the source lines when you copy a
PROGRAM, FRAME, or SCL entry.
||If you specify this option for an
entry other than a PROGRAM, FRAME, or SCL entry, it is
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.