Removes one or more rows from a table or view that is specified
in the FROM clause.
||You cannot use DELETE FROM on a table accessed
via an engine that does not support UPDATE processing.
||Combining Two Tables
FROM table-name|sas/access-view|proc-sql-view <ASalias>
You can delete one or more rows from a view's underlying table, with
some restrictions. See Updating PROC SQL and SAS/ACCESS Views .
- assigns an alias to table-name, sas/access-view, or proc-sql-view.
- specifies a SAS/ACCESS view that you are deleting rows from.
- specifies a PROC SQL view that you are deleting rows from.
- See sql-expression .
- specifies the table that you are deleting rows from.
- If you omit a WHERE clause, the DELETE statement
deletes all the rows from the specified table or the table described by a
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.