Deletes tables, views, or
||You cannot use DROP TABLE or DROP INDEX
on a table accessed via an engine that does not support UPDATE processing.
DROP TABLE table-name
DROP VIEW view-name
DROP INDEX index-name
- specifies an index that exists on table-name.
- specifies a PROC SQL table.
- specifies a SAS data view of any type: PROC SQL view, SAS/ACCESS
view, or DATA step view.
- If you drop a table that is referenced in a view definition and
try to execute the view, an error message is written to the SAS log stating
that the table does not exist. Therefore, remove references in queries and
views to any table(s) and view(s) that you drop.
- If you drop a table with indexed columns, all the indexes are
automatically dropped. If you drop a composite index, the index is dropped
for all the columns that are named in that index.
- You cannot use the DROP statement to drop a table or view in an
external database that is described by a SAS/ACCESS view.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.