|SAS Component Language: Reference
The statements that you use in SCL programs must conform to
the following rules:
- You must end each SCL program statement with a
- You can place any number of SCL program statements
on a single line as long as you separate the individual statements with semicolons.
If you plan to use the SCL debugger, it is helpful to begin each statement
on a separate line.
- You can continue an SCL program statement from
one line to the next as long as no keyword is split.
- You can begin SCL program statements in any column.
- You must
separate words in SCL program statements
with blanks or with special characters such as the equal sign (=) or another
- You must place arguments for SCL functions and
CALL routines within parentheses.
- If a function or CALL routine takes more than
one argument, you must separate the arguments with commas.
- Character arguments that are literal values must
be enclosed in either single or double quotation marks (for example,
- Numeric arguments cannot be enclosed in quotation
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.