|SAS Component Language: Reference
You can control the
flow of execution of your SCL application by
- using any of several programming constructs such
as DO loops and IF/THEN-ELSE statements
- branching to labeled sections with the LINK statement
- branching to PROGRAM,
FRAME, MENU, CBT, or HELP
entries with the GOTO statement
- branching to another SCL entry with CALL DISPLAY
- executing a method that is stored in
SCL entry with CALL METHOD
- executing an object method by using dot notation
- sending a method to an object with CALL
- sending a method to a FRAME entry control with
- specifying how labeled sections are executed,
when and where submit blocks are executed, and whether execution halts when
errors are encountered in dot notation with the CONTROL statement
- creating a program halt handler to control how
run-time errors are processed.
For more information about controlling the flow of execution
in applications that use frames, refer to SAS Guide to Applications Development.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.