United States export regulations on encryption software restrict
access to SAS/SECURE software and related technical data as follows:
In addition to export regulations, SAS software licensing documents
may limit countries of use.
- The SAS/SECURE Domestic version may be used or accessed only within
the United States or Canada by citizens or lawfully admitted permanent residents
of those countries or as otherwise permitted by special export license.
- The SAS/SECURE International and the SAS/SECURE for Windows versions
may not be exported to terrorist supporting or embargoed destinations or parties.
Because of these export key-length restrictions, encryption
services are packaged in the following forms:
- North American (U. S. and Canada)
- available to North American customers and
certain other customers by special export license, supports 1024-bit or 512-bit
RSA keys in combination with the following algorithms:
- RC2 using 128-bit or 40-bit
- RC4 using 128-bit or 40-bit keys
- DES using 56-bit keys
- Triple DES using
- available to International customers, supports
two types of encryption:
- 512-bit RSA keys in combination with the 40-bit
key algorithms RC2 and RC4
- new in Version 8, the 1024-bit RSA keys in combination
with the 56-bit DES algorithm.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.