The BOXPLOT procedure creates side-by-side box-and-whisker plots of
measurements organized in groups. A box-and-whisker plot displays the
mean, quartiles, and minimum and maximum observations for a group.
Throughout this chapter, this type of plot, which can contain one or
more box-and-whisker plots, is referred to as a box plot.
The PLOT statement of the BOXPLOT procedure produces a box plot.
You can specify more than one PLOT statement
to produce multiple box plots.
You can use options in the PLOT statement to
- control the style of the box-and-whisker plots
- specify one of several methods for calculating quantile statistics
- add block legends and symbol markers to reveal
stratification in data
- display vertical and horizontal reference lines
- control axis values and labels
- control the layout and appearance of the plot
Copyright © 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.