OUTTEST= Output Data Set
The OUTTEST= data set contains hypothesis test results.
The OUTTEST= data set always contains ANOVA results. When you specify
the SS2 a-option, regression tables are also output. When you
specify the UTILITIES a-option, conjoint analysis part-worth utilities
are also output. The OUTTEST= data set has the following variables:
- is a 42-character variable that
contains the dependent variable transformation and name.
- is an 8-character variable that contains the table type. The
first character is "U" for univariate or "M" for
multivariate. The second character is blank. The third character is
"A" for ANOVA, "2" for Type II sum of squares, or
"U" for UTILITIES. The fourth character is blank. The fifth
character is "L" for liberal tests, "C" for
conservative tests, or "U" for the usual tests.
- is an 80-character variable that contains the table title.
- is a 42-character variable that contains the independent variable
transformations and names for regression tables and blanks for ANOVA
- contains the multiple regression coefficients for regression tables and
underscore special missing values for ANOVA tables.
- is a 24-character variable that contains the names for statistics
in other variables, such as Value.
- contains multivariate test statistics and all other information that
does not fit in one of the other columns including R-Square,
Dependent Mean, Adj R-Sq, and Coeff Var.
Whenever Value is not
an underscore special missing value,
Statistic describes the contents of Value.
- contains numerator degrees of freedom for F tests.
- contains denominator degrees of freedom for F tests.
- contains sums of squares.
- contains mean squares.
- contains F statistics.
- contains the p-value for the F statistic, stored in a numeric
- is a 9-character variable that contains the formatted
p-value for the F statistic, including the appropriate
, <=, >=, or blank symbols.
- contains lower confidence limits on the parameter estimates.
- contains upper confidence limits on the parameter estimates.
- contains standard errors. For SS2 and UTILITIES tables, standard
errors are output for each coefficient with one degree of freedom.
- contains the relative importance of each factor for
- is a 256-character variable that
contains variable labels.
There are several possible tables in the OUTTEST= data set corresponding
to combinations of univariate and multivariate tests; ANOVA and
and liberal, conservative, and the usual tests. Each table
is composed of only a subset of the variables. Numeric variables
contain underscore special missing values when they are not a column in
a table. Ordinary missing values (.) appear in variables that are
part of a table when a nonmissing value cannot be produced. For
example, the F is missing for a test with zero degrees of freedom.
Copyright © 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.