The following items are displayed for each cluster solution
unless the NOPRINT or SUMMARY option is specified.
The CLUSTER SUMMARY table includes
- the Cluster number
- Members, the number of members in the cluster
- Cluster Variation of the variables in the cluster
- Variation Explained by the cluster component.
This statistic is based only on the variables
in the cluster rather than on all variables.
- Proportion Explained, the result of dividing the
variation explained by the cluster variation
- Second Eigenvalue, the second
largest eigenvalue of the cluster.
This is displayed if the cluster contains more than one
variable and the CENTROID option is not specified
PROC VARCLUS also displays
- Total variation explained, the sum across clusters
of the variation explained by each cluster
- Proportion, the total explained variation divided
by the total variation of all the variables
The cluster listing includes
- Variable, the variables in each cluster
- R-squared with Own Cluster, the squared correlation
of the variable with its own cluster component; and
R-squared with Next Closest, the next highest squared
correlation of the variable with a cluster component.
Own Cluster values should be higher than the R2
with any other cluster unless an iteration limit is
exceeded or you specify the CENTROID option.
Next Closest should be a low value
if the clusters are well separated.
- 1-R**2 Ratio, the ratio of one minus the
value in the Own Cluster column to one
minus the value in the Next Closest column.
The occurrence of low ratios
indicates well-separated clusters.
If the SHORT option is not specified, PROC VARCLUS also displays
- Standardized Scoring Coefficients,
standardized regression coefficients for
predicting cluster components from variables
- Cluster Structure, the correlations between
each variable and each cluster component
- Inter-Cluster Correlations, the correlations
between the cluster components
If the analysis includes partitions for two or more
numbers of clusters, a final summary table is displayed.
Each row of the table corresponds to one partition.
The columns include
- Number of Clusters
- Total Variation Explained by Clusters
- Proportion of Variation Explained by Clusters
- Minimum Proportion (of variation) Explained by a Cluster
- Maximum Second Eigenvalue in a Cluster
- Minimum R-squared for a Variable
- Maximum 1-R**2 Ratio for a Variable
Copyright © 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.