Assigns or deassigns a fileref for an external file, directory,
or output device and returns a value
||device types and host options
- specifies the fileref to assign to the external
SAS Language Reference: Dictionary for details.) Under UNIX, the fileref can also be a UNIX environment
- differs according to the device type. Device Information in the FILENAME Statement shows the
information appropriate to each device. Remember that UNIX filenames are case-sensitive.
Specifying a blank filename deassigns a fileref that was previously
- specifies type of device to which the output
will be sent. It can be any one of the devices listed in Device Information in the FILENAME Statement. DISK is the default device
- are options that are specific to UNIX. You
can use any of the options that are available on the FILENAME statement. See FILENAME for
a description of the host options.
- specifies the fileref that
is assigned to the directory in which the external file resides.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.