|SAS Companion for the Microsoft Windows Environment
To use DDE in SAS, issue a FILENAME statement with the following
FILENAME fileref DDE 'DDE-triplet'
- is a valid fileref (as described in
Referencing External Files).
- is the device-type keyword that tells the
SAS System you want to use Dynamic Data Exchange.
- is the name of the DDE external file.
- can be any of the following:
- instructs the SAS System to use the DDE
HOTLINK. For an example of using this option, see Using the DDE HOTLINK.
- instructs the SAS System to ignore tab characters
between variables. For an example of using this option, see Using the NOTAB Option with DDE.
- allows remote commands to be issued to DDE
server applications. For more information, see
Controlling Another Application Using DDE.
- Use caution when using DDE
with data values that are blank
For sample code, see Reading Missing Data.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.