|SAS Language Reference: Dictionary
This document is one of two volumes that together provide
complete reference information for language features in Version 7 and Version
8 of base SAS software:
- SAS Language Reference: Dictionary
- SAS Language Reference: Concepts.
SAS Language Reference: Dictionary provides detailed reference
the six major language elements of base SAS software:
It also includes additional "look-up" information in three
appendices on the following topics:
- data set
- functions and CALL
- SAS system
- SAS rules for words and names
- the DATA step debugger.
SAS Language Reference: Concepts covers conceptual
information about the SAS
System and the SAS language, including the DATA step. It provides detailed
information in three categories:
- the SAS System:
- primary language elements: data set options, formats,
functions, informats, statements, and SAS system options
- BY-group processing
- SAS expressions
- SAS listing and log files
- error processing and debugging
- date and time values
- the year
- the DATA step:
- DATA step
- reading raw data
- combining and modifying SAS data sets
- storing and compiling DATA steps.
- SAS data libraries
- SAS data sets: SAS data files and SAS data
- file compatibility between Version 8 and earlier
releases of base SAS software.
- SAS data views
- file protection
tables and access descriptors
- SAS catalogs.
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.